[mythtv-users] Sound issues...

Jason S jms_temp at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 07:29:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

Well, I finally got Myth up and running on my Mandrake
9.1 desktop. (I'm trying to play with it while I
figure out what I want to build for real).

Once I ran setup, mythfilldatabase, and started it up
(after realizing I made the classic /mnt/store"/"
mistake) it worked!

Problem:

I no longer have any sound in KDE, xawtv, etc. BTaudio
obviously works since I hear TV perfectly on my
Hauppauge WinTV 401 card with Myth. But not in xawtv.
Sound worked fine until I ran through those steps for
Myth. I disabled the artsd manager (as described in
the Myth documents) but I noticed this problem before
I did that. Is this to be expected, or can I have
sound in KDE and Xawtv as well as Myth?

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this, or is
just the way it goes?

- Jason