[mythtv-users] Disable Live TV...

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 31 14:28:06 EDT 2003

Well, yes and no.  True, xawtv is no longer using the tuner card.  However,
unless this has changed, Myth will assume that the tuner is still tuned to
the last channel Myth tuned it to.  So, if Myth last tuned to channel 6, and
has an upcoming recording on channel 6, it doesn't bother to change the
channel because it thinks it's already on channel 6.  BUT, if you changed to
channel 10 via xawtv in the interim, Myth will record from channel 10.

This behavior may have changed/been fixed at some point; it's not an issue
that affects me so I really haven't been tracking it.

-JAC