[mythtv-users] MythTV not recording scheduled show because of same

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jul 31 12:51:57 EDT 2003

> I have mythtv set to record the 2003 world series of poker everywhere,
> it recorded it a number of times (a few were duplicates which I deleted)
> yet last night it was scheduled to record and did not, I noticed it not
> recording and I went into the epg, and pressed r, I tried a number of
> different things, nothing I did would get it to record this, it has
> recorded other things since without a problem.  I have 3 other programs
> with the same title (different days) stored on my box now, any idea why
> I cant record another?

How do the title, subtitle, and description fields compare for the different
shows (both the recorded and non-recorded ones)?  Also, you could try
turning on the 'record even if it's a dup' option on the advanced recording
options screen, but even that won't get around shows that have the exact
same title, subtitle, and description if you record one show and another
with the same info comes on even if it's really different.  Myth will assume
they are the same and not record the 2nd since it sees you still have the
first (with the same info) recorded.

--

Chris