[mythtv-users] AIW question

Scott Blomfield ScottB at Cavps.com
Wed Jul 30 16:07:28 EDT 2003

Read this very carefully:

The ATI all in wonder will not work now. It very likely will never work.
The GATOS drivers wont help this. Believe me. It's been tried.

I am not going to go into why. It's been discussed to DEATH. Any simple
search on the gossamer threads archive will show it up. So do yourself,
and everyone else on this list a favor, and go look there.

This is probably about as nice a reply as you can expect with regards to
this subject:
Please do not beat that dead horse here.

Thanks,

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Keenan [mailto:skeenan at jo-momma.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 2:32 PM
To: mythtv-users at snowman.net
Subject: [mythtv-users] AIW question

Hey all,
I know I'm somewhat reviving a dead horse, but I have to ask this...
I notice that the main page says something about driver problems with
the AIW.  I have been able to get xawtv to use my AIW without a problem
- tuner works, composite and svideo work fine as well.  Why can't Myth
use the card the same way xawtv does, and work with it?
Also, are the driver problems why an input never shows up, even though
the card recognizes fine and definately has inputs in it?
Thanks!
-Shaun