[mythtv-users] Mythmusic and RealJukebox

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jul 29 23:08:32 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 07:46 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > I wouldn't do that. My experience with realjukebox is that the tags
> > aren't malformed, but they do do odd things with id3. At least one
> > version put ~ 250k .jpg's of the CD covert art in the id3 tags.
>
> data content is perfectly acceptable with id3v2

One of the bugs that I fixed was that it died on large (> 64kb) tags. =)

> actually, it'd be cool if mythmusic could view art embedded into tags
> like this (if it doesn't already).  Or for those of us who prefer ogg, a
> cover.jpg type thing on the directory containing the music file.

Yeah.  Should be relatively easy to do, too.  A vis 'plugin' that looked for
the image and simply displayed it instead of processing any audio would be
the absolute easiest way, or a separate place on the screen could be created
to show the cover art..

Isaac