[mythtv-users] dual tuners - one no sound when concurrent recordings

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun Jul 27 10:21:29 EDT 2003

On 24 Jul 2003 at 16:18, cmisip wrote:

> That was just an example.  If you want emu10k1 to load before
> via82cxxx-audio before btaudio you need two lines:
> pre-install via82cxx-audio modprobe emu10k1
> pre-install btaudio modprobe via82cxx-audio

Ahh, will give that a try....

> I also notice that sometimes modules.conf will not complain about some
> errors during boot.  Have you tried testing it without rebooting.  I had
> to do a series of depmod -a and modprobes to finally get the correct
> module loading.

Yes, have tried it without rebooting, no joy.

Anyways, here is where I am at now.  I can have a recording of one show going
and then can startup livetv with another show.

Both recording streams get audio, however the live tv tends to get choppy
both with audio and video with pauses every 10-20 seconds or so. Looking at
the term window I started mythfrontend from, I first see rebuffering a few
times, then after a minute or some, I see audio buffer overflowed, audio data
lost.  If I then shut down live tv and later on watch the first recorded
video, it's av are out of sync until the around the time I stopped watching
live tv on the second tuner.  I am sure part of this is processor (and
motherboard) related as I only have an XP1800+ on a VIA KT133a board and I
have both tuners set to use MPEG4.

I also tried using the aggressive soundcard buffering feature but that made
no difference.

Also, while I had one stream being recorded in MPEG4, I switched the second
to RTJPEG and then went to live tv, same problems as before but different
errors this time

Your soundcard is not reporting freespace correctly.
Falling back to old method....

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting