[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 95

ElectricianDrew at aol.com ElectricianDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 27 08:03:28 EDT 2003

So Windows Media Player can play the .NUV files?

I thought they were NuppelVideo (patched version) using the MPEG4 codec
within NuppelVideo. The files will NOT play in Linux Mplayer without the patch, and
only because MPlayer already supports NuppelVideo. I don't think WMP supports
NV.

By the way, I don't know if this is possible, but I don't want to re-encode
the files if necessary. You're right... loss of quality. But I would like to
give it a shot if I'll get smaller filesize because, for my application, loss of
quality may not be a big deal depending on how much is lost.

If possible, though, I would like to just "extract" the MPEG4 stream from the
NUV file and make it into an .mpg (or an AVI?) which would also be MPEG4 - NO
re-encoding.

Hope this makes sense.