[mythtv-users] Re:mpeg2 playback glitches

Alexander P. Petkov ap154036 at selway.umt.edu
Wed Jul 23 09:42:23 EDT 2003

============
I am having a similar problem with my PVR-250/350 system. This is
most
evident when watching a channel with a "crawl", like CNBC. The crawl
will
'jerk' at least once per second (a very irregular thing).

Personally I don't think that the news ticker should be used as an
indicator for smooth playback.  The reason I am saying this is
because
I remember seeing the 'jerk' even in xawtv in overlay mode. Also, on
plain (I emphasize plain, not any fancy unit) TV set @ the gym I see
the same jerky motion of the newsticker. Now I know that there I
don't
have any buffer or X11 to blame.

Alex