[mythtv-users] xbox frontend

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Jul 22 22:45:14 EDT 2003

MegaDeTH wrote:

> Here's the rough install directions I use, I've got 2 acting as
> frontends, it's rough, I've got some notes strewn in with the
> directions..
>

> setup xbox (boot debian cd)
>
> defaults on extra 2 gig space (if you have 10gb drive)

I would be very interested in working with others to make an xbox
frontend myth project.

The only reason I want linux on my xbox is to run mythtv.  I have enough
other linux boxes at home.  The coolness factor has already worn off, I
want a useful box for....watching TV!

I just got myth running on my gentoox box but I still dont have the ir
remote working so I cant really run it.

I really appreciate all of the steps you have posted.

I think it would be great if we could pool our resourses and come up
with an iso or installable image that was as small as possible, booted
straight into mythfrontend, and possibly had something like bootspash
patches to make is pretty.

It seems like we could have a simple config file that had all the
settings in it.  Then a user could edit it, burn a cd, and run it.

I have to believe we could get this done in less than 35 megs.

Is anyone interested in making this a project?

Michael