[mythtv-users] dual tuners - one no sound when concurrent recordings

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Tue Jul 22 22:19:59 EDT 2003

Okay trying to troubleshoot a couple problems with my setup. I have dual
tuners, Aver TVPhone (bt848) and Ati TV Wonder (bt878).

The audio from the Aver card goes to the line in on my SB Live sound card,
while I use btaudio with the ATI card. When recording 2 shows concurrently, I
notice that audio only shows up on one show.  Is there anyway to definitively
figure out which card is not recording the audio with the video stream?

Also the show that has no audio tends to be very slightly jerky which I hope
will be fixed by the upgrades below.

Also with the btaudio, it doesn't load automatically one bootup for some
reason (I remember having this problem before...). What I do now is after
login, I shutdown mythbackend, modprove btaudio, then restart mythbackend.
Any suggestions on why it's not automatically loading?  See modules.conf
below.

Also any suggestions on changes to the modules.conf to have the btaudio show
up as a mixer device in kmix? I know I had that working at one point last
year also....

Lastly, planning an upgrade, currently running on a VIA KT133a motherboard
with an Athlon XP1800+, if the choice is one of the following 2, which do you
folks recommend for better performance.

1) Upgrade processor to and XP2600+
2) Upgrade to an NForce based motherboard and keep XP1800+ processor.

alias usb-interface usb-uhci
###alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
###alias sound-slot-1 via82cxxx_audio

###alsa stuff - added jul21-03###
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias snd-card-1 snd-via82xx
# module options should go here

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1

# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

####via alsa drivers
# ALSA portion
###alias char-major-116 snd
###alias snd-card-1 snd-via82xx
# module options should go here

# OSS/Free portion
###alias char-major-14 soundcore
###alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1

# card #2
alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-1-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss

##################################

probeall scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias eth0 tulip
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx

#### LIRC settings for packard bell serial remote
alias char-major-61 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=3 io=0x2f8

### LIRC settings for Avermedia TVPhone remote control
#alias char-major-61 lirc_gpio
#options lirc_gpio gpio_mask=0xf88000 gpio_lock_mask=0x10000
#gpio_xor_mask=0x

## I2c
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
options i2c-core i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1

## Video
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv debug=2
options bttv card=6,63 radio=1,0 tuner=2,8 #pll=1
options tuner debug=2
pre-install bttv(/sbin/modprobe -k "tuner")
options btaudio debug=2
#alias sound-service-1 via82cxxx_audio
alias sound-card-2 btaudio
alias sound-slot-2 btaudio