[mythtv-users] Ananova blocking IPs?

Tupshin Harper tupshin at tupshin.com
Mon Jul 21 15:01:57 EDT 2003

Andrew Ingram wrote:

>No, I only fetch once a day, just 5 channels. Very strange, just
>timeouts under my Linux box whilst the rest of the internet is fine.
>I've rebooted a few times, run with my old kernel, tried everything I
>can think of :( My listings run out tonight, HELP!
>
>Andy

I bet you have ECN enabled in your kernel. Look here for more info:
http://www.cctec.com/maillists/nanog/historical/0104/msg00714.html

Try catting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn if the value is 1, that is
probably the culprit. Try setting it to zero to see if the problem is
resolved.

I tested connectivity to ananova using trptraceroute which allows you to
trace with and without ECN packets. When I enabled ECN, the trace did
not complete, leading me to suspect that is the problem.

-Tupshin