[mythtv-users] MythTV Problem.....

Mark Levitt mark.levitt at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 20 11:18:09 EDT 2003

Darrel Niemann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to MythTV...I installed everything as per instructions on
> their website, I use RH 9 with on-board audio (OSS?) and a TNT2
> graphics card, with a Hauppauge WinTV PCI capture card. I am using an
> anntena for broadcast signal (just

I think your problem is the TNT2 card. I suspect the card is not capable
of supporting video overlay and that mean the box has to do everything
in software. If the machine is slow, you probably won't get it to work.

Try a more recent video card. Doesn't have to be a high-end one. Low end
gforce 4 cards can be found for $20-$30.