[mythtv-users] WinTV 250 with split backen/frontend

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 18 12:10:19 EDT 2003

No.  The remote plugs into a jack on the PVR-250 card itself, so if the card
is in a different machine...

> If so, (and
> this might be a stupid question), can the remote used on the frontend be
> used to change the channels on the backend?

Yes. The remote(s) should (need) only be on the frontend(s).  A remote on a
backend-only machine would be rather useless for Myth.

> Assuming I use the WinTV's
> Mpeg2 encoder, what kind of network bandwidth do I need between Backend
> and Frontend?

Well, if you're using a PVR-250 (which gives larger file sizes), I wouldn't
suggest anything less than a wired 100Mbit ethernet.  Others can probably
give you better/more specific recommendations.

-JAC