[mythtv-users] I guess I don't understand...

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 10:40:41 EDT 2003

--- kevin at joubert.com wrote:
> How does MythTV control my digital cable box to
> select channels.. or does
> it not need to? Or does it replace it?

You will need to use an IR Blaster (IR transmitter) to
change the channel, via LIRC.  There are no tuner
cards that will work with "digital" cable.  So, you
will not be able to replace the cable box.

<OT>I've started looking at the IR Blaster (homebrew)
but haven't had time to get into it.  I think I'm
ready to just buy one.  Anyone know of a IR Blaster
that will work with my cable box ( Scientific Atlanta
Explorer 2200)</OT>

hope that helps