[mythtv-users] ALSA Question from Newbie

Robert Empfield oldwizeman85 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:41:33 EDT 2003

Hi.

Right now, I am in the process of installing the software needed to run
MythTV as discussed in the How-To guide created by Jarod Wilson.  This guide
is very helpful and thanks for writing it.

I have come to a stopping point, however.  I am trying to install ALSA but
have a question about downloading the correct kernel-module-alsa package.
When I go to the site, I am able to find the correct kernel version
(2.4.20-18.9) but I am unsure about the module version (I think that is what
it is referred to).  It is the part of the file name with the i386, i586,
i685, etc.  How can I find out which one to download and use?  I have tried
downloading and installing the i386 but it did not work.  Is there a way to
uninstall one of these download rpms and install another one?

If this does not make any sense, let me know.  Thanks.
Robert