[mythtv-users] Feature request

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Jul 15 02:51:10 EDT 2003

> On Monday 14 July 2003 10:16 pm, Ian Forde wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 15:37, Steve Hill wrote:
> > > When I was watching TV tonight, I had an idea for a useful feature
-
> in
> > > the same way as you can prioritise recordings, would it be
possible to
> > > set a recording priority so low that it is overridden by LiveTV?
> > > i.e.  I want to record episodes of the simpsons when nothing else
> > > interesting is on.  But if I'm watching live tv I don't want my
> viewing
> > > to be interrupted by "MythTV wants to record the simpsons".  So
I'd
> like
> > > to be able to flag a recording to only happen if nothing else is
using
> > > the TV card.
> >
> > Umm... that wouldn't work, since if you it in the mythtv module, and
the
> > TV were off, you wouldn't get your recording and you weren't
watching
> > the TV anyway.  Wouldn't it be better if it prompted (a la Tivo)
that it
> > was about to start a recording (a minute early) and gave the option
> > cancel the upcoming recording, while defaulting to "record as
planned"?

> You mean exactly how mythtv's done it for ages now?  Except it
defaults to
> watching it while it records.
>
> Isaac

Related question... say I have two frontends and a dual tuner backend...
both frontends are in live tv mode... which frontend will the recording
try to interrupt?  The one that scheduled the recording?  I would prefer
it be so if that's not the current default... as my roommate may be into
their show and not care that I wanted to record something, or vise
versa!

I asked this question once before but never got a response.

Joe