[mythtv-users] Mythweb profile patch v2

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 19:33:18 EDT 2003

> On Sunday 13 July 2003 06:44 am, Mark Edwards wrote:
> > Hi all.
> > I posted this patch yesterday, but it got attached to the wrong thread
and
> > had a bug, here it is again.
> > Any problems let me know, it also fixes the problem with deleting shows
in
> > the current version.
> > It simply displays the selected recording profile for each show and
allows
> > it to be altered.
>
> Hmm.. question about this -- why are you querying on the profile when
you're
> looking to see if there's an existing selection that needs to be deleted?

This is so that it will detect if the profile has changed for programs that
are set to record all showings
If I'm thinking of the same bit you are. This was what prompted the bug-fix
because with the first version
it would set the profile when the entry was created, but not detect a
changed profile.

> Also, there's a number of lines changed in the patch that don't have any
> changes..  eg.,
>
> -       $theMonth = substr($time, 4, 2);
> +       $theMonth = substr($time, 4, 2);
>
> I prefer it if things like this are left out..

Sorry, this is my first ever patch, (well second if u count the one with a
bug)
Whenever I tried to manually take out these lines it cocked the whole patch
up, any tips appreciated...

Could I also reccomend that the preview patch by Jonathan Kolb
<jkolb-mythtv at greyshift.net> by comitted to cvs?
seems to work rather well IMO.

I'm working on a page to alter and add codec settings at the minute, and
possibly looking at putting a transcode/archive button on the recorded
programs page.

BTW as my first post to the dev-list, yer all doing a great job :)

cheers
Mark