[mythtv-users] standard vs digital cable

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 09:51:58 EDT 2003

Currently, I have digital cable and was looking into
an IR blaster solution to change my channels.
However, I think I would rather switch to "standard"
cable if that would eliminate my need to have a set
top box (cable box) and, more importantly, the IR
blaster.  (it's also cheaper)

Will the cheap TV tuner card I have (ATI Wonder VE)
work with all of the cable channels including
"premium" channels?  The cable company (Time Warner)
mentioned that if I got the HBO package that I would
need to have _their_ cable box, not just a "cable
ready" TV.

Anything else I should be aware of when making this
decision?