[mythtv-users] re: Any graphics cards support interlaced TV-out?

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon Jul 14 11:21:47 EDT 2003

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Istvan Noszticzius wrote:

>  Which leaves the original question: Any video cards under linux that
> support true interlaced output (for NTSC in my case)?

Well - I offer the idea of using the VGA output directly.  Here in
Europe better TVs have RGB input via the SCART inputs.  A simple
circuit allows to connect VGA output to the TV.

You then need a card that can do interlaced output and low
dot-clock.  The SIS driver for the Pundit works, for example.

I understand that in the US RGB isn't so common - sets have Y/Cr/Cb
inputs.  For an off the wall idea - why can't we just pretend that the
VGA R is Y, G is Cr and B is Cb (for example), and use a colourspace
transformation within MythTV to remap the colour space correctly.

Is anyone interested in trying this?  Billy Biggs?

Steve