[mythtv-users] re: Any graphics cards support interlaced TV-out?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Jul 14 10:15:30 EDT 2003

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Istvan Noszticzius wrote:

>  I'm not sure about external VGA->TV converters, but the Nvidia card that
> I have (GeForce4 MX 440) - and I think that is true for all NVidia cards -
> does not support interlaced mode under Linux (the driver is broken?). See
> these threads on NVnews.net's Nvidia Linux forum, they (NVidia) claim they
> are working on it...

This is slightly off-subject, but I'm using both the VGA output and
S-Video outputs on my MX-440 (my Myth box is also my workstation).  Myth
doesn't seem to be able to sync to vblank (I have experimental A/V sync
and jitter reduction turned on) - I assume that's because it's seeing the
vblank on both outputs so sometimes it's syncing with the TV and sometimes
it's syncing with the VGA.  Is there any way for Myth to know where the
vblank is coming from and only sync with the TV?

Another minor annoyance with the MX-440 is that the nvidia driver won't
let you set the TV output to 576 lines - the closest it seems to let you
get is 600.  Which seems really silly since Myth is capturing a PAL video
at the full 576 lines and is then having to scale it up to 600 before the
graphics card scales it back down to 576 to display on the TV...

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

"..Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time.." - Dreamline, Rush
        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***