[mythtv-users] optimize MythTV

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sat Jul 12 21:05:14 EDT 2003

At 10:39 PM 7/12/2003 -0400, Mike Miller wrote:
>Err I just realized I might be mixed up, 640x480 might be the one I have
>to scroll on (would make sense, bigger screen)

Not only makes sense ... it's a "feature" of X that the desktop is the size
of the largest working resolution, not the one that happens to be on the
screen. The only real solution is to make your largest resolution also your
default resolution ... typically I use 1024x768 on real workstations and
640x480 on a dedicated host like a Myth box.

>...how would I check my
>resolution in kde or from command line?
>Thanks again

Look at the X output to STDERR (where this is depends on how you start X).