[mythtv-users] RE: ir transmitter / myth

David A. Mason damason at redshift.com
Fri Jul 11 11:11:44 EDT 2003

I used the simple transmitter design from the LIRC site, with a total of 69
Ohms resistance (I didn't want to fry anything). The LED is about an inch
from my Dish box.

I made sure there were no LIRC-related packages installed, and I removed the
lirc modules directory from /lib/modules/`uname -r`

Then I built LIRC, specifying that there was a transmitter LED, and leaving
"software carrier" selected (which was default).

jvc_send built with no problem.

After reboot, I had to mknod /dev/lirc c 61 0 , as the device file went away
- perhaps devfsd made this happen.

I did this, too:
cat JVC_4700.org >>/etc/lircd.conf

Now, my rc.local has: