[mythtv-users] Archive Tv Shows

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Thu Jul 10 17:06:39 EDT 2003

At 03:51 PM 7/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Ah! so if i get the pvr-250 then my problems are solved??
>
>I've been thinking off and on about getting the pvr-250. Now my reasons
>are even more profound.
>
>Thanks Will!

You can probably find an OEM version for around $90 or less.   I think it
works pretty well, but the driver development is pretty bleeding edge.  In
time I'm sure things will settle down, but at the moment you may need to
tinker with some things to get it to work well.    I'm pretty happy with mine.

I do my video work on a Windows machine, so I use Virtualdub-MPEG2 to open
my input files, cut out commercials and deinterlace / filter, and then
frameserve to TMPGEnc.   I'm very happy with the results.

-WD