[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuners - Duplicate Channels

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Fri Jul 11 00:00:29 EDT 2003

Has anyone found a solution for the multiple tuner - duplicate channel
issue? I have just purchased a second tuner assuming that this had already
been figured out.

I have two tuners that both have identical channels available to them. After
getting everything working in drivers etc, I added it to the capture card
table as cardid 2. After running mythfilldatabase I now have two sets of
channels that are identical apart from their chanid (10xx and 20xx).

Myth is obviously treating them as completely different channels. They
appear as separate entities in the program guide (although with the same
programs)

I've also noticed that swapping tuners in PIP mode simply causes each tuner
to retune to the others channel. So in this case Myth has figured out which
channel matches with which on the other tuner. By the channum field?

Is anyone working on this issue before I start? Do the people who have dual
tuners simply use the feature for two different sources (e.g. cable and
terrestrial) rather than two identical sources (in my case terrestrial and
terrestrial).

Anyone? I saw a few mentions of similar problems in the archives but
couldn't find any solutions. Surely there must be more than a few people in
a similar situation.

CH