[mythtv-users] RE:Re: Quiet Power Supplies/Quiet PC's

Keat Lim mythtv at keatlim.com
Thu Jul 10 09:40:11 EDT 2003

I have always bought $35 dollar cases w/ PSUs at computer shows. I usually
have no problems with any of them except for the fans dying. One actually
kept on powering down because I was too lazy to change it and the auto
heat protection kept kicking in. But that went away after I replaced the
fan. That being said most of my computers are up all the time and I hardly
ever see them go down for no obvious reason. One of the things that I do
is I have a UPS on my equipment and do not live in a lightning prone area.

But this time for my new computer I actually bought a really expensive ps
supply. It is a Fortron brand at newegg for $29. I bought it because it
had a 120mm fan with temp control for low speeds during low temps :)

If you want to lower your CPU temp and using a AMD, check out my earlier
post about powersavings on AMD chips.