[mythtv-users] video capture card list for MythTV

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Thu Jul 10 18:40:39 EDT 2003

> Pinnacle PCTV Rave. Video capture works with older versions
> of this card;
> there are reports that newer versions have a tuner that is
> not supported by
> V4L.  Audio requires using a jumper to a sound card; btaudio
> does NOT work.
>
> Pinnacle PCTV Pro. Video capture works using the bttv kernel
> driver. Audio
> requires using a jumper to a sound card; btaudio does NOT work.

I currently use a Pinnacle PCTV (PAL) in Australia with good results.

PCTV, PCTV Rave and PCTV PRO are all different products.

PCTV Rave is the bottom end and is a mono capture card based on BT878
PCTV is basically a Rave + Remote control and receiver.
PCTV Pro is a stereo version.

btaudio as far as I am aware does not work, as you mention. I tried it
with no sound whatsoever.