[mythtv-users] PVR-250, Mandrake 9.1 and lirc

Bryan Murphy bryan at terralab.com
Thu Jul 10 00:32:43 EDT 2003

MacNean wrote:

>ok i have installed lirc and ivtv and i can't get anything from my
>remote,  I have the CVS version of each, i run lircd no problem, but
>when i run irw i get nothing from the remote.
>in my var/log/messages file i find:
>Jul	9 18:33:04 localhost kernel: lirc_i2c: chip found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge
>IR)

lirc was the single biggest problem I had installing mythtv.  Everything
else went smoothly.  It's because you have to use a bleeding edge
version of lirc which uses bleeding edge versions of autconf, libtool,
and automake that makes it such a pain in the ass.   I did take notes
however, and there were some previous emails about install thing which
helped me get through it:

Configure lirc (Remote)

    * This is a bitch. Best thing I can recommend is to follow this:
      http://lists.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-June/007610.html
    * Update /etc/modules.conf
          o alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
    * modprobe lirc_i2c