[mythtv-users] Audio Synch problems in Myth-10?

Steve Brown steve-mythtvusers at deltabbs.org
Wed Jul 9 19:50:29 EDT 2003

John P DeVale wrote:

> I traced my problem to insufficient CPU.  Either the myth process became
> heavier in the .9 -> .10 release

I'm coming to the same conclusion that it has.

With my PVR250 equipped P2/350 box, pre .10 it could just about cope
with LiveTV, with the _occasional_ audio stutter when the OSD comes up.

Now, it's barely coping and I've had to turn the bitrate down which
seems to help _just_ enough for LiveTV, although the audio goes mad with
the OSD.

SSHing into the box shows 0% unused CPU during LiveTV. It's definately
the 'playback' part of the process (almost like X is no longer
accelerated), because just recording uses a mere 2% CPU.

-S