[mythtv-users] framerate question

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Wed Jul 9 03:48:00 EDT 2003

Nathan Poznick wrote:

> Thus spake Chris Petersen:
>
>>>NTSC TV: 29.97
>>>NTSC Film: 23.97 (played back at 29.97 via 3:2 pulldown)
>>>PAL TV: 25
>>>PAL Film: 24 (but typically played back at 25fps)
>>
>>that looks right.  But which does mythtv use?
>

> Well, I would think it would use either NTSC TV or PAL TV framerates,
> depending on the input source.

before this gets into a comedy routine...

it will use 29.97fps if you live in a country that uses NTSC which is
most of North America and South America and also Japan.  Europe (and the
scandinavian countries?) use PAL which would be 25fps, THEREFORE, myth
will use 25fps in those countries...

in other words, mythtv is not converting the framerate from your
countries native cable system it is leaving it at whatever your cable
provider is pushing up the pipe.

is it clearer now?

Sean