[mythtv-users]Finally got everything set up! (have a few minorquestions though)

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 00:30:15 EDT 2003

> onelast one, what does the scale bitrate for frame size do? Wouldn’t
> that override my bitrate slider (if checked)

say you chose 3000 as your bit rate. If you have the scale box checked
and your resolution is 640 x 480 then your bit rate is still 3000. But
if you change to 320 x 480 your effective bit rate would be 1500 even
if you don't touch the bit rate field because it has been "scaled" to
your resolution. If you hadn't checked the "scale" box, when you switch
to 320 x 480 you will still be using 3000 as your bit rate which might
be more than you want or expect.

cedar