[mythtv-users] Single Box for Myth font/backend

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Tue Jul 8 01:28:31 EDT 2003

> But I haven't decided wether or not I want to go rediculous on *show*
> or not. I wouldn't mind saving *some* money somewhere, I was just
> always under the impression that too many onboard components caused
> people more grief the dedicated cards so I was going to shy away from
> it ... might have to readdress this.

Yeah.. the whole stay away from on-board components thing was the rule
for a long time.. then nvidia came along and finally did an on-board
everything chipset that didnt suck... its one of the top performers in
its class even if you disable all the onboard components and stick
regular cards in it the chipset alone still performs top notch...

be aware though that will the nforce platform supports the tv out very
few mobo manufacturers actually include the tv-out header... MSI is one
of the few i've seen that always include all the gizmos and extra
headers... there was like 3 or 4 headers that came with that board i was
thinking man i hope this guy doesnt want to use half his pci slots...
hehe...

Sean