[mythtv-users] Re:Mythfilldatabase question

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 7 14:17:29 EDT 2003

Hmmm... I think if you run mythfilldatabase nightly, it will only end up
grabbing 2-3 days' worth of listings (tomorrow, today, and today+8), plus
any missing days in between.  This ensures that today & tomorrow's listing
are corrected for any last-minute changes in programming by the station, and
it doesn't tie up your modem as long as a full 8-day listing download.  Your
total time dialed in is more, but it's spread over 8 days.  Of course, if
you're incurring phone charges per minute, then what you're doing now is
probably best.

To the original poster:  what's your dialup speed?  check the output of
mythfilldatabase and see if it's dropping connections & retrying... maybe
you need to tweak your timeout value for tv_grab_X

-JAC