[mythtv-users] Sound required for video?

Jay Camp campjr at verizon.net
Sat Jul 5 23:50:57 EDT 2003

I am receiving video through xawTV, but no audio.  Is working audio required to test to see if Myth is running correctly?  Currently I have a cord running from my tuner card (audio out) to my sound card (audio in).  I have also un-muted the line-in port in ALSA.  However, no sound is coming through on XawTV.  Am I maybe not loading the correct kernel module?  I thought about somehow testing my line-in on my audio card to insure that was not the problematic source, but could not think of an easy way.

I know these are loaded questions, but any nudges in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thanks for everyone's hard work on Myth... I can't wait to get it put to use!

Jay