[mythtv-users] MJPEG cards?

Igor Izyumin igor at mlug.missouri.edu
Sat Jul 5 21:33:03 EDT 2003

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to get MythTV to work with a TV card that has an MJPEG
hardware codec.  The card is a Pinnacle DC10Plus, and it uses the Zoran
ZR36060 chip.  It does not have a tuner, because it's designed for video
editing and such.  It will work for my purposes, since I am using a
cable box anyway.

I do not understand if MythTV even supports using such cards.  The
documentation briefly mentions using one such card, but I am not sure
how to set it up.  Right now, I have a MythTV 0.10 install.  The card is
properly installed and works with mjpegtools.  When I try to watch TV, I
get a big stream of errors from the backend (and a blank screen on the
frontend):

VIDIOCSYNC0: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSYNC1: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSYNC0: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSYNC1: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSYNC0: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSYNC1: Invalid argument
and so on...

The backend also shows the following when it starts up:
Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video - Composite
Probed: /dev/video - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video - Internal/comp
VIDIOC_S_STD: Invalid argument

Any ideas?  I would really like to get this to work, since using
NuppelVideo is not possible on my slow 700MHz machine.

Thanks.
-- Igor