[mythtv-users] Anyone using LIRC w/leadtek winfast2000?? Help needed

Mike Miller miller44 at optonline.net
Sat Jul 5 00:27:42 EDT 2003

I couldn't really follow the mythtv docs for this part they were more
geared towards mandrake/RH so I installed 2 packages, lirc and
lirc-modules-source.
Then I downloaded the tar, untarred and run the setup program, I got
stuck during the make when I encountered an error which according to the
lirc faq meant I would have to recompile my kernel which to a linux newb
like me is a very daunting task Im looking to avoid.
So I went back to installing the debian packages, now I had my port
number from running the setup
I added alias- har-major-61 lirc_gpio
Then I downloaded my lircd.conf and put it in /etc/.  I have read of
some issues of this card/remote not working w/LIRC but then was when
they hacked the BTTV file which I did not have to do.  Anyway so I try
to start the lirc driver manually and I get this

debian:/usr/src/modules/lirc# /etc/init.d/lirc start
## I couldn't load the required kernel modules     ##
## You should install lirc-modules-source to build ##
## kernel support for your hardware.               ##
## If this message is not appropriate you may set  ##
## LOAD_MODULES=false in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf   ##

I looked around hardware.conf a bit, changes lirc_serial to lirc_gpio
however when I tried changing the driver to winfast_tv2000 it said it
was not a supported driver.
if anyone who has this card or any card could maybe help me
I guess if worse comes to worse I could try to figure out how to
recompile my kernel..
Thanks