[mythtv-users] Single Box for Myth font/backend

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Fri Jul 4 02:07:05 EDT 2003

nahh...

get this board:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=437&MODEL=MS-6777

Its got most of the same features and includes serial ATA support but
has the NForce chipset so your Geforce4mx400 is built onto the mobo and
they include a tv-out header. Dolby 5.1 is also on board... you get
optical ins and outs as well, plus firewire, lan, usb 2.0 on board. I
just built a system for a guy with this board and went without a hitch.
Rock solid even with a Barton 2500+.

and the chipset being nVidia you can count on full support for linux...
the main thing is you will save $80 on not buying a vid card and another
$50 on not buying a sound card... then you can take that cash and put it
towards a serial ata hard drive... ohh man have i been wanting to get my
hands on those babies... hehe... i wanna get a 64-bit/66mhz Raid 5 SATA
card and about 5 120GB sata drives to complete my dual athlon mp 2400
machine.