[mythtv-users] Re:Powersaving tip on Athlon PCs.

Keat Lim mythtv at keatlim.com
Thu Jul 3 19:03:49 EDT 2003

Yeah that's why I said YMMV because I noticed some people may have
problems with audio.

The Kill-A-Watt module I bought from a local Radio Shack store. A lot of
online places sell them though. It is not a multimeter but more like a
watthour meter and can measure the watthours over time similar to your
house elec meter. Here's the website
http://www.p3international.com/products/special/P4400/P4400-HG.html

I'm using sensors (lm_sensors) that is usually on your distribution cd as
a rpm or at least the source is available on the web somewhere...

I'm fairly surprised that the PC can go down to 50W idle and 90W while in
use... I would love to hear how much a mini-itx board with PVR-250 will
use up...