[mythtv-users] asus a7n266-vm sound drivers

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Thu Jul 3 09:38:32 EDT 2003

with redhat 9 you don't need to do anything, the sound is auto-detected
and it is full duplex so it works for both recording and playing at the
same time using the /dev/dsp device. For RH 8 and I'm sure many others
you don't get full duplex. I briefly had gentoo running on my a7n266-vm
and it worked fine with full duplex using the alsa drivers.. I don't
have the actual command lines, but the idea is you either set a USE
flag or pass one on the command line telling it to use the intel8x0
card when you do the emerge. I think you have to fiddle with Gentoo's
modules.conf mechanism too. There are very nice and complete directions
for setting up alsa here: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml

good luck.
Cedar