[mythtv-users] MythMusic Bug, freezes on start sometimes

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 10:35:44 EDT 2003

What do you mean "other plugins that output sound"?  There are no other
plugins that output sound directly, unless you mean the main MythTV module
that outputs sound when watching a recording or live tv (which should not
cause any problems).  MythVideo & MythGame don't output sound directly; they
simply launch external programs like mplayer or xmame.  If this is what
you're talking about, it may be that your external programs are configured
to use aRTs for sound output, and may be causing artsd to get started up
again.  Either that or the external programs are not shutting down/releasing
your sound device properly.  Also, are you sure you have the sound output
device for MythMusic configured properly?

-JAC