[mythtv-users] Re: nuv file not found; slow recordings list

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jul 3 03:17:27 EDT 2003

On Thursday 03 July 2003 01:46 am, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> > I forgot that the backend consumes 99% CPU.
>
> Any ideas what could be the cause and how I could frame the problem?

Compile for debugging.  Run mythbackend in gdb.  Get it to loop like that, and
make note of the process that's taking CPU.  While it's looping, switch to
the gdb session, hit ctl-c to interrupt it, and get a backtrace of the thread
that's using CPU (well, get a backtrace of all threads as described in the
howto).  Send that my way, and I'll see what's wrong.

Isaac