[mythtv-users] v0.10 - setup encounters "illegal instruction"

Michael J. Hammel mythtv at graphics-muse.com
Wed Jul 2 20:51:05 EDT 2003

I just installed MythTV and its prerequisites.  I got as far as starting
to run the setup program.  The initial background screen is displayed,
but then I get an "illegal instruction".  I ran strace on it and the
last thing that showed was reading in the setup.xml file and then
closing the file.  Has anyone else seen this?  Sounds a bit like a
buffer overflow.  I'm using all the defaults at this point - i.e. I
haven't modified any themes or anything like that.

I'm recompiling the libraries and setup program right now - maybe
something went wrong that I missed.

Any other ideas on how to track this down?
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com