[mythtv-users] XMLTV is Broken in North America

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 15:31:35 EDT 2003

Hmmm... I for one wouldn't mind getting a free listing feed in exchange for
some ads in the EPG, as long as no information flows the other way.  The ad
information could be embedded in the XML data, ready to be parsed.
Unfortunately, that's probably a less viable option than #2, since (this
being open source), any of us could simply tweak the code not to display the
ads.  Of course, the 'mass market' for Myth would be installed binary
distributions, not CVS or source tarballs, so they *might* go for it, if we
promised not to distribute 'ad-free' binaries...

Of course, I'm not really keen on the idea of bargaining with providers to
get data that they already provide for free but in a different format.
However, it's still better than paying a fee.  If I wanted to pay a fee I'd
have gotten a Tivo.

-JAC