[mythtv-users] driver for ati tv wonder ve

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 07:28:53 EDT 2003

> 2.) where do you not see bttv.o?  In the kernel
> config, in
> /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/kernel/drivers/..., or
> when you run lsmod?

sorry - yeah it's not in /lib/modules... (more below)

> ... into 'make menuconfig' and
> enable v4l <M>, then go in to the submenu and enable

> Bt848 <M>.  That should be it for the kernel.

I dididn see bt848 after compile, patch, getting a new
source tarball... so I finally posted this ?.  After
this email I knew it was possible so I searched again
and found this:

"...it's possible that this option does not appear if
you do not enable 'I2C support' and 'I2C bit-banging
interfaces' in the character device section. "

Not that obvious for someone that doesn't know what a
"bit banging" character device is.  I also enabled a
few things in the "Sound" section and then found bt848
under v4l.  I haven't tested the card but the module
was build and loads -- no problems.

> Here's my modules.conf section

Thanks -- It's always good to see other examples.

Thanks for the help.  I'm glad the stupid GATOS
comment didn't lead people away.  It's funny how bad
information can lead a frustrated person astray that
quickly.