[mythtv-users] Minimizing a Distribution

HoytDuff hoyt at cavtel.net
Fri Feb 28 19:43:32 UTC 2003

On Friday 28 February 2003 12:56 pm, Micah Morton wrote:
> Want to hear something funny?  I sorta meant it as a joke when I suggested
> the whole distro idea. :) Never thought people would go gangbusters for
> it. (Did I just say gangbusters?).  However, if this is something people
> would want... maybe another user list is applicable for this purpose.. can
> somebody start that? I'm fairly retarded when it comes to that.

I have had some experience with Debian, a lot with Mandrake and Red Hat, and
none with Gentoo and Slackware.

I recommend that a full-blown custom distro _not_ be done, but packages for
major distros be created on a volunteer basis. MythTV should be distro
agnostic, unless you want to seek support from one in particular.

Support for a separate MythTV distro would dilute the development efforts of
MythTV.

--
Hoyt
http://www.maximumhoyt.com

Run with scissors. Remove mattress tags. Top post. Be a rebel.