[mythtv-users] Minimizing a Distribution

Micah Morton micah at oregontech.net
Fri Feb 28 17:56:07 UTC 2003

Want to hear something funny?  I sorta meant it as a joke when I suggested
the whole distro idea. :) Never thought people would go gangbusters for
it. (Did I just say gangbusters?).  However, if this is something people
would want... maybe another user list is applicable for this purpose.. can
somebody start that? I'm fairly retarded when it comes to that.

And since we are getting all serious about this. With Gentoo, I'd rather
have a system that took forever to compile but was more stable and
faster... tuned to your specific system, rather than having a
shrink-wrapped i586 distro cd or whatever. God forbid, gulp, i386. :)
However, my co-worked brought up a good point - debian would be easier to
maintain I'm thinking. However, I'm fairly new to debian and completely
green with gentoo.. However, I'm fairly pro with redhat,mandrake, and
slackware. So, I suppose I'm not really the kind of guy to voice my
opinion. :)

--Micah