[mythtv-users] Minimizing a Distribution

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Fri Feb 28 17:48:29 UTC 2003

At one point, there was discussion on this list to create a MythTV+distro
on a CD.   Not sure what happened to that.

The idea was you could plunk a CD into a machine, reboot, and you have a
MythBox.  Personally, I'm not that interested in this solution.

My personal interest is to create a disk image that a small, quiet, and
diskless frontend box could boot over the lan.  I'm sure everyone else has
slightly different needs.

But we could at least compare notes toward these ends; like trimming down
the distro, best lightweight window manager, etc.  There is actually a lot
of this information already scattered accross the archives, but it would
be nice to gather it all together in a FAQ or somesuch.

Larry