[mythtv-users] developing Myth modules on WindowsXP?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Feb 26 02:27:08 UTC 2003

Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> Yeah...I'm learning that C++ is not VB in the slightest. Another day of
> fooling around and I'll probably be ready to give it up. I can read the docs
> through and through, but they just don't make enough sense for me to
> understand it all. They use words in ways I've never understood to be
> correct, and I can't make heads nor tails of the C++ syntax. I was hoping
> any programming knowledge would help in deciphering C++, but alas, nope :)

Look for a book titled "C++ In Plain English". Half of it
is reference material, the other half tutorial. The tutorial
is from the perspective of having a background in VB.

Another thought is that if your goal is to write code for
Myth, it will eventually need to be compiled with g++.
When in Rome... Since you run MythTV, there's a Linux box
there, right? This may be a good opportunity to get
comfortable with Linux editors and tools.

--  bjm