[mythtv-users] installing mythtv

skeeterskip skeeterskip at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 09:30:52 UTC 2003

> Does someone know how to reset up2date so that it asks me again about
> certification of downloaded packages?  If needed I can paste in here
> the xterm screen dump, but it's on the other machine right now and a
> little hard to get to.

no, I don't know how to do this. But have you ever run up2date
graphically by clicking your little update status thingy on the bottom
right of your screen? I did that shortly after installing RH to get any
security updates, etc, and it did walk me through the cerificate/ signup
process. You might try that (if you haven't already) and see if once you
have that working whether the command line version works. Sadly I don't
see a way to select that particular package (qt-MySQL) graphically,
which is why the instructions are command line only.

If you never get that working (which would suck) this will work:

> The version of QT supplied with Red Hat Linux 8.0 does not include a
> necessary mysql plugin. You will have to download and install that RPM
> package yourself. First go to http://rpm.pbone.net/ and click on
> "Search" near the top of the page. On the search page unselect all
> checkboxes except "RedHat 8.X". Next select the "Search for RPMs by
> name in FTP........." radio button. In the search field enter
> "qt-MySQL" then click "Search". You will be presented with a list of
> mirrors who host this particular RPM, currently called
> "qt-MySQL-3.0.5-17.i386.rpm". Download the RPM. I had good luck
> downloading from the ftp.pbone.net mirror. Once downloaded, double
> click on the RPM package. You will be prompted for the root password,
> enter it, watch the progress bar, and you are finished

those are the old instructions in the docs which I replace with the
up2date method because it is fast and easier.

best of luck

cedar