[mythtv-users] Error running setup

David Chappelle david at codermonkey.com
Tue Feb 25 07:26:38 UTC 2003

Yes, I did mean 0.7.105. The 0.9.x is for either newer or patched kernel with
v4l2 support. I don't know about everyone else but the Pinnacle performance
with 0.7.100 was horrible. I only used it a few times and then yanked it out
of my system because it even seemed to degrade the reception on my AverTV
Stereo.

I can modprobe btaudio no problem and i get the dsp's created for both of my
capture cards but I don't get any sound. If I understand it correctly the
chipset on the card mught very well support btaudio but the manufacturer can
leave the support out in the pcb. Anyway - if anyone has gotten btaudio to
work with either the Pinnacle PCTV or the AverTV Stereo let us know.

As for dual cards I guess i must have a problem with my second sound card not
being initialised correctly and Myth then crashes because the dsp is not
available. In the setup it doesn't seem to recognize a dsp1 (I guess because
it's not there yet since nothing has tried to access it) so I can't set up
the second card correctly. Maybe I'll try just to set the second card to use
dsp1 in the database.

-Emil