[mythtv-users] New User System Setup Questions

Brian A. Vance bvance at egenera.com
Thu Feb 20 17:30:10 UTC 2003

> I am not really looking to do 2 TV tuners. What I was wondering about
> is if I am recording a show at say 8:00 - 9:00 can I start watching a
> previously recorded show at 8:15 while the other show is recording?

Yes you can do this. In addition if you are recording a show from
8:00-9:00, you can start watching that show, from the beginning, at
8:15.

This is basically the same as watching Live TV.  As for hardware
performance, if you've tuned your system do do LiveTV smoothly you
should have no problem watching any pre-recorded shows while recording
another.

-Beev